Markon received the award for outstanding culture of well-being for demonstrating a strong commitment to improving employee health through a workplace wellness program. The award was presented at the Cigna 2019 Mid-Atlantic Summit on Thursday, June 7th.
Markon was the winner among organizations with fewer than 500 employees, and Gilman School and McDonough Bolyard Peck each received honorable mention in the same category.
"At Markon, we feel strongly that if we hire the best of the best and give them comprehensive benefits and a positive, supportive culture, they will provide our clients with an unmatched level of quality and service," said Krissy Goff, Markon Vice President of Operations.
"That strategy has been instrumental in achieving sustainable growth throughout our 12 years in business, and recognition like the Cigna Outstanding Culture of Well-being award reaffirms our commitment to setting the bar high in terms of the support we offer our people."
The key factors for which Markon won the award include:
- Markon has the first WELL certified office space in Virginia, and was also the first contractor in Virginia certified to implement the WELL Building Standard
- Markon's executive leadership drives the well-being strategy, engages in events, communications, and "walks the walk" to create a culture of well-being
- Markon offers premium discounts for employee preventative physicals and gift card incentive raffles for spouses
We held a well-received "Plank Challenge" at Markon's most recent holiday party, with participation from both employees and significant others in formal wear...everyone loves some healthy competition!
- Markon has an Innovation Lab that allows employees to tap into their creative side to relax and recharge
- Markon sponsors a 5K run each year in our local community
- We have 47% total member Health Engagement
- 50% completion of well-visits
- 75% completion of cervical cancer screenings
We also have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), recently completed a Work-Life Balance Challenge in May, and produce a health and fitness newsletter called MarkonFIT, which covers all aspects of wellness and is distributed to all Markon employees each month.
Thank you to all the Markon team members who continue to contribute to our outstanding culture of well-being!