Are you a construction tradesman interested in a project management career? Do you desire to become a construction site superintendent or project manager? You realize you need more knowledge about industry best practices, which organizations are project management thought leaders, and how to gain credentials. You need a path forward.
If this describes you, Markon Solutions is offering a one-day Project Management Fundamentals (Construction Management focused) training course to help you chart a path to a successful career in construction project management.
How our training benefits you
Module 1 of this training focuses on the state of the construction management industry, project management organizations, and leading credentials. We will help you identify the organizations leading PM thought and how to earn industry-standard certifications that will help you establish your credibility.
Module 2 explains the project life cycle from start to finish based on industry best practices. We will guide you through the project phases of project initiation, planning, design, construction, and close-out. We will help you create a baseline project management format. You will also receive a customizable project management workbook and sample project management plan.
Module 3 provides you with an understanding of how formalized project management processes feed program performance metrics and enables organizational learning.
2022 Course Information
- Objective: Creating Targeted Career Growth Opportunities
- Date: October 4, 2022
- Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
- Format: Online/Virtual, Instructor-led
- ENROLL TODAY! 👉 https://info.markonsolutions.com/pm-fundamentals-training
- Introduction/Course Overview:
- What is Program/Project Management?
- (Module 1) Project Management Industry Organizations, Certifications, and Tools:
- State of the industry
- History of construction management
- Which organizations exist and accreditation criteria
- (Module 2) Project Life Cycle:
- Discuss the fundamentals of the project life cycle from initiation, design, construction, and close-out
- Taking industry best practices and creating a standard or baseline PM lifecycle format.
- Discuss and receive a customizable PM workbook and sample PM plan
- (Module 3) Managing the Program:
- Benefits of a formalized Program Management Office (PMO)
- Ability to develop metrics and lessons learned to improve the project
Meet the Facilitators
Leigh Valudes leads Markon’s Solutions Division, focusing on Markon's core competencies. He is also responsible for overseeing corporate quality, innovation, Markon University, and intellectual property development. During the majority of his 25-year consulting experience, he was embedded with key government agencies providing strategic planning, mission analysis, and implementation, requirements programming, program management, design and construction management, business operations, and advisory services.
- Project Highlights: $750 million Intelligence Community Campus in Bethesda, $5.5 billion Pentagon Renovation Program, and $4 billion Department of Homeland Security Headquarters Campus Program.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from the University of Delaware and graduated from American University’s Washington National Semester Program with a focus on national and foreign policy.
- Professional Credentials: Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Certified Manager of Quality with a focus in Organization Excellence (CMQ-OE) from the American Society of Quality, and a LEED Accredited Professional certified by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
Jerry Himes is a highly skilled trainer with a wealth of project and construction management experience and credentials. As Markon’s Facilities Solution Lead, he is responsible for the training of facility best practices.
- Project Highlights: $100 million capacity Construction Management Technical Support Services (CMTSS) contract at the Pentagon. As the Resident Engineer with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in Iraq, managed a program of 36 projects valued at over $271 million.
- Military Highlights: Finished 20-year Army career working directly for the Chief of Engineers as Secretary of the General Staff (SGS). Taught Construction Management and Infrastructure Development at West Point for three years.
- Education: Graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point and Carnegie Mellon University where he earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Credentials: Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Virginia and Pennsylvania and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP)®. Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), the Army Engineer Association (AEA), and Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
In addition to Project Management Fundamentals, Markon's other training opportunities include Leadership Development Program (LDPx™) and ICD 705+. Visit www.markonsolutions.com/solutions/training or contact us to learn more.